Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lip Balms

I've tried many various lip balms in my life time since I was young, and I realised that I have never actually finished one!

I remember my first one by The Body Shop, in a tangerine flavour, it's so old (when I was 5-6?) that they don't sell that product anymore. I still have it back at home and it's quite full. I stopped using it because it's in a small tub and it always got under my nails when I dip my finger in to use some so it got annoying.

Then I switched to a Superdrugs branded one in cherry, I chucked that away because I hated the taste of it and it melted in my pocket! I put it in my jeans pocket and the friction inside the pocket somehow managed to twist the chapstick up and it went everywhere inside :/

Then I stopped using any for a while after that because I couldn't be bothered and I was a child and it didn't bother me and felt like a chore lol.

When I got to college, that's when I started to wear a bit of makeup, and looked into lip balms again. Decided to go for Nivea Lip Care in Pearl & Shine ~ 
And guess what, it's still really full. I actually don't remember why I stopped using this one... maybe i'll give it another chance and I'll review it properly in a later post.

I purchased Vaseline Lip Therapy Aloe Vera ~



It's still full too. Hahaha. Again, it's a tub design, and I hate tubs!!!!

My friend Sabrina then introduced me to EOS Sphere lipbalms, as they were getting raved about so much.



We managed to bag them from Urban Outfitters in the UK, but they don't sell them anymore unfortunately. We both got it in Summer Fruits. I've used a quarter of mine. I find it leaves my lips dry still... the smell and taste of it is nice though! And I love the design and application of it, very cute packaging and easy to apply evenly to the lips.

From EOS, I jumped to Carmex in Cherry.

I'm not sure about this one though. The flavour is nice (though my boyfriend doesn't like the taste of it) I still find my lips dry, but maybe because I don't use it as often as I should? I need to get into the habit of using them all the time...

I was rummaging through my makeup bag and found my Lancome Sweet Balm in 02 Lait Fraise.

It's full. This is the one I am going to use now, so I will post a review of that later on as well!

Mission to find the perfect lip balm is now on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...