Sunday 22 June 2014

Experimenting with colour: Eyes

My everyday eyes usually consists of nude, natural colours found in the Naked 2 palette, but i'll talk about that in another post.

So for today's post, I tried to add a bit of colour to my eyes, as it is now summer and time to be colourful!

From left: Eyeko Eye Do Mascara, Shu Uemura Lash Curler, E.L.F 32pc Eyeshadow Palette in Everyday, Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Navy, E.LF Mineral Eye Liner in Coffee, and finally, Bourjois Lady in Black false lashes.
The E.L.F 32pc eyeshadow palette may look plain but that's because the colourful part is hidden! Here is a photo of the full palette:

Don't mind the holes... you can see how much I used it in the past haha
I stopped using this palette ever since I got the Naked 2 last year, but decided to take it back out again today.

I used the brown on the right (with the massive hole) as the base colour on the lids, then used the dark blue (middle bottom with massive hole) on the outer corner and extended it above the crease. The final effect turned into a purple shade, I had to put more brown onto the lids after applying the blue to make my lids pop more.




The Bourjois Lady in Black gives quite a natural look, until you look from the bottom or top and see the added gems. These lashes are quite different as they are half lashes which you apple to the outer corner of the eyes, I usually use full lashes, so this is new for me.

The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Navy is still dark enough to pass off as black, with a tiny hint of blue. I tightlined my upper waterline in a brown eyeliner by E.L.F to fill in the blank space.

This could be an everyday look for me in summer, I'll experiment with different colours and post here, although I don't think the lashes are for everyday wear haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...