Tuesday 9 August 2011

Hyper Japan

For those of you that don't know, Hyper Japan is a Japanese cultural event where people will get to taste Japanese food, try out new games, purchase merchandise, manga, kawaii stuff, cosplay, and see special guests. There will also be some freebies given away at the event, this year they gave out free Yakult, eco friendly bags, natural lip balms, sunglasses, sweets and possibly some other stuff I may have missed!

This year the event was held at Kensington Olympia, a much larger venue than last time which is good. Once I arrived on the Friday, the queue was already quite long, but since I was a volunteer, I went straight up to the door and walked in :) (Though I didn't know if I was allowed to do that or not.. I just did not want to wait in the queue as I was by myself >.< ) I spoke to another volunteer and see said that she queued up to get in lol... oh well. Once I was in, I got quite confused and didn't know where to go first. My friends were already inside the venue somewhere, I tried to call one of them but there was no reception inside for me!! So I just walked to my right and scanned around the whole place from there. A random photographer walked in front of me and just snapped away at my face! >=[ bet that was a mug shot and a half boy.

I found them in the lower floor of the venue and we checked out the stalls and played on the Nintendo 3DS. It was pretty cool, but gave me a headache looking at it.
We made these flowers out of napkins for some Japanese festival decorations that were going to be sent back to Japan:




And also wrote messages for them (for the Earthquakes)

Then I had to leave and start my volunteering for the event, I had to stamp peoples hands!

Saturday. Day 2 of volunteering for the event. When I got there, OMG the queue was bloody huge. (Since it was a Saturday, of course it will be busy) I thought to myself "I AM NOT QUEUING UP TO GET IN" So Like I did yesterday, I walked to the front and used the "Exit/Re-entry" door to walk in. Nobody checked me though :/ So that just makes it easy for anyone to just walk in without paying lol...

Again, my role was stamping hands. But then it got a bit too hectic as so many people were trying to get in and the venue was not big enough to let them all in. People in the queue started to complain that it was taking too long (far enough). Then the organiser took the hand stamping away and told us that we couldn't stamp any more and people were not allowed re-entry to allow space for the others to get in. Hyper Japan was over capacity as they were not expecting that large amount of people to turn up!

We got sent outside to do some crowd control and tell the people that they were very sorry and that if they wanted a refund, they can go to the front and queue up to get one. I didn't come across any angry people thankfully (maybe because I was near the front of the queue haha).
Stood out there for about 3 hours? X_X
People kept asking to take photos of me as well (I was dressed as a Japanese school girl, with a cat paw and fox tail attached to the side of my skirt, and big bow on my head lol)

It was embarrassing having to pose in front of all the people in the queue >_< This guy that was from the press (not sure which one) came up to me and asked to take photos, started ordering me around lol *cringe* I have no idea where those photos taken of me from Saturday are, I can't find them! Damn. I only managed to find 2 photos of me, but they were from the Friday (Boo) I can't upload them so just click these to see: PHOTO 1
PHOTO 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...